Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Halloween Disco Nails!

Cosmetics are my cup of tea, but I also dabble in nail art, occasionally. That is, I either can paint my nails one color OR I sometimes do this gradient glitter thing that looks pretty impressive for how easy it is to do. You just need a little time and patience, but it's not that difficult at all.

Since Halloween is coming up, I decided to go for a fun, glittery party look that is still in the spirit of the holiday, but not too over-the-top.


Products used:
  • Seche Clear base coat
  • Julep polishes in Jet (black) and Tatiana (sparkly pumpkin) from my recent Julep beauty box
  • Wet N Wild Megarocks glitter polish in Waiting For My Solo
  • Seche Vite Top Coat


Technique:
  1. Starting with dry, clean nails, apply base coat.
  2. Next, apply 1-2 coats of black nail polish.
  3. Apply 1 coat of Seche Vite and let dry.
  4. Using a cheap, makeup sponge wedge, sponge the orange polish onto half of nail. Make sure the application is heaviest at the tip and fades out towards the center.
  5. Apply the glitter polish to the tips and dot glitter bits sparingly no further than center of nail in order to achieve the gradient look.
  6. (optional step) Put a generous drop of glitter polish onto a piece of wax paper. Using a toothpick, carefully pick up bits of glitter and strategically place onto nails in order to suit your design.
  7. Finish with another coat of Seche Vite.
Since you all now know how to do this, you can pretty much do it in any color! :D I hope these instructions were clear! I'm considering a video tutorial in the future. Just have to find the time! Thanks for reading and for putting up with al my Halloween-inspired posts! lol

Hugs,
Cat

2 comments:

  1. Hello! New to your blog and it is amazing and incredible! Thank you for posting instructions, your looks are so exciting and your directions are really easy to follow. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy my content! ^_^

      Delete