Sunday, May 4, 2014

Nefertiri Makeup

I've been really enjoying more artsy and less "wearable" makeup these days. The past few experiments prompted me to do another Egyptian-themed look. Many years ago, while watching The Mummy films, I was really enamored with the characters of Anck Su Namun and Nefertiri. Michelle Phan's Egyptian Queen makeup brought this to mind and I did an Egyptian royalty-inspired look very, very loosely based on this concept. This was the result:





For the eyes, I used Maybelline Color Tattoo in Edgy Emerald as well as Sugarpill eyeshadow in Midori. I used both black gel eyeliner and liquid eyeliner for the graphic eyeliner. To finish, I traced each shape out with Urban Decay liquid eyeliner in Eldorado. I also added Ardell #120 eyelashes.

For a glowing, gilded complexion, I dusted my cheeks with ELF Golden Bronzer. I used Jordana's Matte Lipstick in Berry for my lips.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday! Thanks for reading! :)

Hugs,
Cat



No comments:

Post a Comment