Saturday, January 25, 2014

Sparkly Mint & Gold French Mani

Happy Saturday, all! No TGIF shenanigans for me last night, just worked on some video and pictorial tutorial editing for StyleByCat's blog and YouTube (filming has been exciting, I recently upgraded my camera!). Anyhoo, I needed a break from having my eyes glued to the screen and opted for a DIY mani. Check it out!


Ok, so, I'm no nail art master or anything. (there are some pretty ridiculously talented DIY manicurists out there, holy moly!) However, I thought I did a fairly decent job. *patting myself on the back* My favorite color combo of all time (uh, at the moment, anyway) is mint, gold, and white. I whipped this up in my head and hoped to execute it in real life…turned out nicer than I thought it would!

Ok, so here's the cast:



  • Essie nail polish in Mint Candy Apple
  • Ulta nail polish in Diva
  • Nubar nail art pens in White and Gold
These Nubar nail art pens are pretty darn cool! I learned about them through my sis. When you twist off the top, you get a fine brush that's great for striping. When you pull off the cap (which can be darned difficult…I suggest you get an assistant to help you if your nails aren't dry) you get a fine, squeezy tip that's good for doing dots and things.




To achieve this look, I began by applying a base coat. Next, I applied 2 coats of Mint Candy Apple. Next, I brushed on Diva. Using the brush end of my nail art pens, I painted on white tips and then accented them with a gold stripe. I finished by topping with a coat of Seche Vite.

In retrospect, I think I should have applied the glitter polish right before the Seche Vite, as glitter acts as a sort of polish armor and probably would preserve my tidy little tips more efficiently. That's ok, next time!

Heehee, I can't stop staring at my nails! I can't wait to try out more manis with these cool nail art pens! Anyways, thanks for reading and have a fantastic weekend!

Hugs,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment