Friday, January 3, 2014

My Glass Slipper

Marilyn Monroe once said:

Give a girl the right SHOES, and she can conquer the world.

Literally speaking, this may sound a  little silly. However, I believe the fabulous Ms. Monroe was alluding to attitude and state of mind. The right shoes, or in my case (being terribly petite and all), the right stilettos, can give me a boost of confidence.

Therefore you can imagine how thrilled I was when I found these under the Christmas tree this year, graciously gifted by my dear mister:


Ah, the quintessential nude pump! And by monsieur Louboutin, no less. I figured if I was going to covet an all-occasion shoe, one that would be worn often, why not a pair with glamorous, red soles? Also, since the design and coloring are elegant, but low-key, I thought that opting for a patent finish for high-gloss shine would make them a little more outstanding.

This model is the Simple 100, and are reasonably comfortable for the brand. So far, I've only worn them with skinny jeans and leggings, but I imagine they'd look quite pretty paired with a skater skirt or dress. I also own a gorgeous, lacy pair which were purchased when I had walked down the aisle. But those are as "un-walkable" as they're lovely. I'll be wearing that particular pair for "sitting-only" occasions, lol.

Well, off to conquer the world!

Hugs,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment