Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Eyeliner Pen

So, this Japanese brand, Kanebo, makes a cosmetic collection called Kate. I'm about to make a bold declaration: The Kate Super Sharp eyeliner pen is the absolute BEST eyeliner pen…ever. I've spent as little as $3 for an eyeliner pen and as much as $30. I pretty much always run into the same problem…the felt tips skip and/or dry out. I've tried wetting them, storing them right-side down. They always disappoint. Not the Super Sharp. The genius is that it's not a felt-tip eyeliner pen, it's a synthetic brush tip that is soft, but comes to an extremely fine point, thus enabling one to draw "super sharp" liner with little effort.




I discovered this eyeliner pen when I traveled to Hong Kong back in August. I had forgotten my liquid eyeliner and snapped this up. I loved it so much that I brought a few home for family and friends, they were about $10 USD each. Subsequently, I forgot about it in the luggage, but recently discovered it again so I began using it. It's all I want to use now, I get very precise lines with less effort than my usual lining techniques. I also use the tiny point to clean up rough spots in my eyeliner once I complete a look.

The formula dries quickly and is pretty resilient. I do get a little smudging at the end of the day along my bottom lash line, but my top liner always stays intact. It's also a long-lasting product. My sister has been using hers since October every day and it hasn't run out yet. Here's is a look I completed today, using my Kate Super Sharp eyeliner pen:



I did a neutral cut crease today using my Naked 3 palette because I thought it would be a good backdrop for my eyeliner. The bottom liner, btw, is a combination of gel and pen…I went into the waterline with gel and then refined the line with pen. Here is the product list for this look:

  • UD Primer Potion in Eden
  • NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
  • UD eyeshadows in Strange, Nooner, Limit, Darkside, and Blackheart (Naked 3)
  • Kate Super Sharp eyeliner pen in BK-1 (extra black)
  • Maybelline Lasting Drama gel eyeliner
  • Maybelline Full N Soft Waterproof mascara
  • Ardell #120 eyelashes

Though not available at the typical beauty or drugstore, you can easily find Kate Super Sharp on Amazon or Ebay for about $13-$17. Totally worth it. I'll betcha mainstream western brands will be making $40 copycats in the next year or so. I'll stick to my Kate, thank you very much! ;)

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed this post!

Hugs,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment