Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Glamorous Purple Cut Crease…with Purple Eyelashes!

EDIT: Someone who had my back kindly pointed out to me that I don't have a true monolid. Oops! Hope I haven't offended anyone by making that mistake. I have, since, decided to re-categorize my eye type as "hooded almond-shaped eyes" or, simply, "hooded eyes".

* * *

Cut crease eyeshadow is no joke.  But you know what's more difficult than doing a cut crease? Doing one on hooded almond-shaped eyes! This is why I'm so excited, guys. Where I have tried and failed before, I was recently able to successfully achieve cut crease shading on my eyes! Check it out!


I am sooooooooo stoked! And, hello, PURPLE EYELASHES!!! The folks over at Ardell Lashes are geniuses. But, yeah, I'm so happy to have been able to create such a clean, cut crease that looks impressive with downcast eyes, yet doesn't look awkward when my eyes are open. (which can happen with this look if you don't have a lot of lid space and shallow-set eyes)


Product list:

  • UD Primer Potion in Eden
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Painted Purple
  • UD Eyeshadows in Omen, Half Truth, and Blackout (15 Anniversary palette)
  • Maybelline Lasting Drama gel eyeliner
  • Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner pen (AMAZING, I'm dedicating a post to this tomorrow)
  • Maybelline Full N Soft Waterproof mascara
  • Ardell Color Impact Demi Wispies in Plum
Heehee, I'm so in love with these!



The downside to these lashes, is that, for some reason, the band is white! It looks really obvious on, so I had to paint in the band with black liquid eyeliner once I applied them. Problem easily solved!

Here is a full-face image of this look so you can see how it appears from a distance:


I wish I had an open-eye image, but they all turned out blurry. (getting used to using a DSLR as opposed to my iPhone camera, LOL) But, you can see that this is a pretty dramatic look with the purple. Honestly, I don't think I would have felt comfortable going outside. Luckily, it was my day off and I stayed indoors doing homework all day. XD It would probably look pretty dope in matte nudes/neutrals, though!

Okie dokes! I hope you guys enjoyed this post. it was a really fun look to do and really rewarding for me, especially, because I've wanted to be able to do a cut crease for so long and was finally able to achieve it! I'd love to try this in different colors, maybe make a video tutorial for it. What do you think?

Hugs,
Cat

2 comments: