Saturday, January 5, 2013

FOTD: Barbie Girl


 Like a lot of little girly-girls growing up in the USA, I had an immense affinity for Barbie.  I must have had at least a dozen of them.  I was completely obsessed with her hair, makeup, and wardrobe.  (obsession with hair, makeup, and wardrobe has not ceased as an adult)  For me, as a second grader, Barbie was the perfect pretty.  I was actually quite convinced that when I grew up, I would become blonde, blue-eyed, tall, and slender.  Aside from maybe the slender part, the rest of Barbie's characteristics never manifested on me.  That's ok!  Give me a blonde wig, blue contacts, and a pair of 6" heels and there you go...anything is possible!

Realistically, however, I think a girl can at least get away with Barbie-style makeup.  Subtlety and a light hand is key, or else you may end up with this kind of makeup faux pas:


To achieve a softer, wearable version of Barbie's signature look, this is what I used:

Eyes
- Base shadow: Minx by Urban Decay
- Outer corners: Creed by Urban Decay
- Ardell Fashion Lashes #122

Cheeks
- Tickled Pink blush by ELF

Lips
- Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake


This is such a fun and feminine look!  Definitely a great way to get that Barbie look without going over-the-top.  I can actually go outside like this.  For all my fellow Barbie fans out there, this one might be neat to try. :)

Hugs,
Cat

6 comments: