Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Amazing Grace by Philosophy

Being a Sephora "Beauty Insider", I finally racked up enough points to be gifted an adorable, mini fragrance/bath/body trio of Amazing Grace by Philosophy:


This isn't something I'd necessarily buy on my own.  When it comes to fragrances, in general, I tend to favor scents that make me smell like a dessert.  My signature scent would be Candy, Baby by Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush.  I've also been known to collect a variety of fragrant products from Bath & Body Works which smell like fruit and cake and such.

Therefore I was hesitant to try out Amazing Grace, which is a floral fragrance with no hint of sugar or fruitiness whatsoever.  When I did give it a go, I went all out...using the shampoo/body wash, slathering on the lotion, and then spritzing myself with the eau de toilette.


I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I actually enjoyed it!  Amazing Grace carries a scent that I would describe as very light, fresh, clean, and feminine.  It's not at all overpowering, I noticed that I would occasionally get little whiffs of it now and then as I moved throughout the day.  This was especially nice during and after my evening kickboxing workout.  I came out of the gym a sweaty mess, but smelled like a prima ballerina! (as I imagine, in my fantasies, that this is what ballerinas smell like)

The shampoo/bath/body wash is typical in consistency to most shampoos and shower gels.  Though it doesn't lather up as richly as most products of the like do, it'll still get your hair and skin squeaky-clean.  Kudos for being a 3-in-1 product.  The body emulsion (lotion) moisturizes without being heavy or greasy and absorbs quickly into the skin.

Amazing Grace is a refreshing change to my daily fragrance routine.  I'd definitely like to at least keep the eau de toilette on hand for days when I prefer to smell like a flower as opposed to a fruit.  Haha!

Hugs,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment