Saturday, December 29, 2012

MAC Powder Blush in Mocha

For the warmer weather, I was all about shimmers, glitters, and brights when it came to my blush.  However, since the season has taken a turn for the cooler, I've been much more attracted to earthier, subdued colors.  Which is why I was thrilled to receive MAC's Powder Blush in Mocha for Christmas this year.  True to its name, Mocha does remind me of the warm, caffeinated beverage, however with a hint of dusty rose.  I find that this increases its versatility as it's brown enough to be used as a matte bronzer, but pink enough to be used as a blush.  I think it would look lovely on most skin tones and can be worn daily for any and all occasions.




Here's the look, using most of my new holiday haul products:

- Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation
- Urban Decay original Naked eyeshadow palette
- MAC Powder Blush in Mocha
- Urban Decay Pocket Rocket lipgloss in Dustin


As you can see, Mocha gives me a soft, natural glow.  The blush itself is silky and perfectly pigmented so that you don't get "clown-face", but is definitely build-able if you'd like to use it for a more intense purpose, such as contouring.  Love it!  I imagine I'll be using this every day! :D

Thanks for reading and happy Saturday everyone!

Hugs,
Cat

2 comments:

  1. I'm putting off my will-be MAC obsession as long as humanly possible (avoiding online stores and counters so I don't go nuts and buy everything XD). So far I've only done their paint pots, but I have a hankering on for some Mineralize Skinfinish. Also, your hair is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me are in the same boat. I love MAC, but pretend they don't exist...too hard on the wallet. I have their Studio Fix foundation, some lipglasses, a lipstick, and now the blush. :)

      Haha, thanks! I generally don't like it straight, but I'm glad someone thinks it looks nice this way! :D

      Delete