Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Revlon Lip Butter: Strawberry Shortcake

I love my Revlon Lip Butters.  It's like balm and lipstick rolled into one.  A few months ago, I did swatches and reviews of Sweet Tart and Cherry Tart.  I do love my bright pinks and reds.  But lately, I've had a craving for a softer pink, thus picking up a shade called Strawberry Shortcake the other day at my local drugstore:



Strawberry Shortcake is a cool, pastel, bubblegum-pink.  You can play around with the intensity depending on how heavy handed you apply the color.  Pat it on gently and you'll get a barely-there whisper of pink.  Smooth it on like a lipstick and, on me, it goes on milky and semi-opaque, like this:


It reminds me a little of UD's Pocket Rocket in Rashad, but creamier and less sheer.  I can definitely apply Rashad over Strawberry Shortcake for a glossier look.  I like it.  I think it creates an interesting look for me since my complexion is on the golden side.  It gives me a mod-ish look.  I'll see about taking a full face photo and updating so you can see what I mean. :)

Hope everyone is enjoying their Tuesday evening!

Hugs,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment