Saturday, September 22, 2012

Simple Shadow Stick Eyes

This is for my middle sister.  She's, like, the loveliest girl in the world.  However, unlike makeup-crazy me, she's so lazy about beauty that she barely likes brushing her hair, much less take the time to apply cosmetics to her face.  Well, we talked the other day about coming up with a super-simple makeup routine that she could stick with regularly.  I think I figured out the perfect look for her:


These just might be the easiest eyes I've come up with.  I used Urban Decay's Glide On Shadow Pencils in Rehab and Sin.  Rehab for the upper eyelid, and then Sin to highlight the brow arch and accentuate the lower lash line.  Add a dramatic black wing to the top lash line and she's done!  (I gave her my spare Marbella Eyeliner Pen, which I used here to draw my winged eyeliner)

Time to complete look: less than 10 minutes.

That's probably the hardest part.  She already has an Etude House Drawing Eyebrow Pencil of her own to refine her brow shape and a variety of BB creams to choose from as foundation.  I did suggest UD's Afterglow Glide On Cheek Tint in Quickie as blush, and then any tinted balm or gloss to finish off the lips.

For all you lazy daisies out there, I don't think it gets any simpler.  This look requires no brushes and is virtually mess-free.  It's a really convenient way to look polished while letting your natural beauty shine through.  A girl can walk out the door with this face for work or school, and then transition into a date or evening look by adding false lashes and a cute hairstyle.  All of these products fit inside a small makeup bag, which you can easily keep in your purse/backpack/messenger bag.  Also good for travel if you don't have a lot of room to spare for beauty supplies. :)

Steph, I hope you're reading this. *wink wink*

Hugs,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment