Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summer Foundation

It's been getting warmer these days and, over the years, I've realized that I have to modify my makeup with the change in seasons.  Now that we're on the cusp of summer, I don't have to worry so much about the dry areas of my complexion, regarding my combination skin.  Oil control, however, is now my top priority and I *think* I've managed to put together an effective foundation regimen to combat the grease!



My favorite BB Cream of the moment is Always Nuddy BB 24 (gotta love the name!) by Elisha Coy.  I found that the Missha Perfect Cover was a little to heavy for the summer.  Always Nuddy is super, super lightweight with medium coverage and absorbs very quickly with no greasy feel whatsoever.  It's almost fragrance free, except for the barest trace of citrus scent.  A little goes a long way and the formula dries to a near-matte finish so you can pretty much wear it alone without any finishing powder.  I finish it with ELF Mineral Booster in Tinted, however, for extra oil control and because Always Nuddy is just a tad too fair for my complexion, so the tinted finishing powder gives me the golden glow that I need to look natural.  This combo is completely weightless on my face and I barely have to touch up my t-zone during the course of the day.

My only gripe is that neither product comes with sun protection, so make sure you prep with an SPF moisturizer prior to application.  You can purchase a 15ml tube of Always Nuddy from eBay for about $5-$6, shipping included.  So far, this little tube has lasted me nearly a month and it's still more than half full!  ELF Mineral Booster is available at ELF for $5, keep an eye out for free shipping and sales which go on all the time!

Happy Tuesday and have a good night! :D

Hugs,
Cat


No comments:

Post a Comment