Monday, March 12, 2012

March MyGlam!

Hey y'all, guess what?  I got my March MyGlam bag in!  What a nice surprise. :D  I was expecting it to arrive a little later, but was really pleased with the early delivery date.  Here's what we got:



This month's theme is Repair and Restore.  I guess the whole mentality behind that is, since warmer weather is approaching, we ought to replenish ourselves from the harsh winter to prepare for spring.  No color cosmetics this time around. *sigh*  For some reason, I'm not as disappointed because I really wasn't expecting much anyway.

Our March Glam Bag is a mod-looking, multicolor floral design.  The first thing I checked out was a fluffy eyeshadow brush that seemed a bit small for its pink flap case.  I guess I could fit a number of other brushes in it for travel purposes.


Next is a high SPF (30, in fact) daily moisturizer by Pur-Lisse.  I'm a big fan of sunscreen/moisturizers so I'm excited to try it.  The full-sized bottle retails for a hefty $55 USD.  Let's see if it lives up to its worth.


Then we have Eye Lift Perfector by Murad.  It's described as a concealer/eye cream that hides dark circles while reducing puffiness.  A tube retails for $35 USD at Sephora and it has a 3 out of 5 rating.  I guess I'll have to see for myself how effective it is.


Next is Perfect Cleansing Foam by 3Lab.  At $50 USD for a 4.4oz tube, we received a pretty generous sample size in March's MyGlam bag.  I'd say it more than paid for itself in this respect.  I'm a huge fan of good facial cleansers and will probably try this one tonight.  Well-cleansed skin equates to clear skin for me, so hopefully this does the job!


So far we've got one makeup brush and 3 skincare products.  The last goody in the bag is a dual formula, leave-in hair conditioner by KeraColor called Color Enhancing Leave-In Treatment.  I'm not sure if it's supposed to enhance your natural hair color or preserved color-treated hair.  It does claim to: "add instant shine & moisture, fight environmental stress & free radicals, while providing thermal protection".  As a girl who heat-styles her hair on a daily basis, I'm intrigued.  Can it rival my beloved It's A 10?  We'll see.


Last, but not least, we get a $25 gift card to Dermstore!  The caveat?  You have to purchase at least $50 worth of merchandise before the $25 discount kicks in.  Hey, you can't get something for nothing, right? I've never shopped there before so I'll have a look around and see if there's $50 worth of products I'd like to put in my basket.  If I can't, then I can just share the discount with my 2 sisters.  Splitting the overage 3 ways won't be so bad. :)


Well, I guess that's that.  Not super-exciting, but I found this round of products to be a little more useful to me than February's.  Will post reviews ASAP!

Hugs,
Cat

p.s. Update on X Out Shine Control treatment from my February Glam Bag.  After using this product for about a week and a half, I ended up getting two nasty zits on my nose.  Bottom line: X Out made me break out.  No thanks!

2 comments:

  1. The floral bag is cute! Tell us how the brush holds up! For the other products, I just think that there's never enough product to try in a little sample like that. We have to use a product for quite some time before we can see the effect so I'm slightly disappointed of the little product you got. Have a nice week, Kat! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'll see about doing a review about the brush soon. The cleanser will probably last me at least a month, which is good. Everything else I don't expect to get more than 4 applications out of. I think I'll try to hang in there for next month though. I received a newsletter saying that some better things are coming our way. Crossing my fingers!

      Delete