Sunday, February 5, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo

So I've been seeing these little cream eyeshadow jars on display at my local drugstores.  The colors are appealing and I've been tempted to purchase a few times, but from past experience, I'm generally mistrustful of cream shadows.  They're difficult to apply and have an uncanny tendency to crease.  However, I got a text a few days ago from a friend telling me that they're comparable to MAC Paint Pots and, at about $6-7 per jar (depending on where you're shopping), they're going real fast!  I jumped into my car and drove the two minutes to my local CVS.  Sold out!  So I took the longer drive out to Target and, luckily, there was one left each of my favorite colors from the collection.  Here they are!


Bold Gold, Tenacious Teal, and Bad To The Bronze.


Bold Gold

Tenacious Teal

Bad To The Bronze


It's late, so the best I can do is swatch them, but I'm soooooooo excited to try them on my eyes!  I chose two neutral-ish colors (gold and bronze) and a pop (teal, what a surprise, lol).  The formula is super smooth and creamy and all colors are very shimmery and pigmented.  Here's the breakdown as far as individual shades:

Bold Gold
- A gorgeous, shade of warm, wearable gold that isn't too yellow.  Though it's the least opaque out of the  three, it's opaque enough and buildable, therefore making this negligible shortcoming forgivable.

Tenacious Teal
- Personally, I don't think it's green enough to be considered a true teal, but it's still a beautiful shade of blue.  It's quite opaque without having to use too much product.

Bad To The Bronze
- From the swatches, this shade is my favorite of the three.  It's a lovely, minky teal with the barest hint of pink.  I hope it looks as good on my eyes as it does on my arm, lol.  Also, out of the three, it applies the most opaque.

Stay tuned for upcoming looks!

Hugs,
Cat

12 comments:

  1. Are you planning to get them all? Can't wait to see your tutorials <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may consider Pomegranate Pink, Edgy Emerald, Painted Purple, and Audacious Asphalt...but since I just blew about $250 on the Jason Wu Collection at Target, I'll have to hold off on those for awhile, lol. :D

      Delete
  2. All three look gorgeous on you! Can't wait to see you use them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny! I'll try to get a post up soon. :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see these colors on you and read your review! Bad To The Bronze seems like your kind of color! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I actually tested out Bad To The Bronze today for a got-to-school look. Will try to get that up ASAP! :D

      Delete
  4. These are great, I love mine! I can't wait to see what you do with them. Audacious Asphalt is the perfect base for a dark grey smoky eye :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Audacious Asphalt is definitely my first choice when I get around to buying more! :)

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to see the looks! Excited to see what you'll try. I want to get the gold one too.. because I typically don't use that color. Time to try new things o_o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really wore gold much until recently, now I can't seem to get enough of it! :D

      Delete