Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Amazing Levitating Lady

Hi guys!  I've been busting my butt studying for my midterms so you'll have to excuse my sparse posting these days.  I'll be posting another Missing Makeup experiment tomorrow, but for now I want to feature an extremely inspiring blogger.  Natsumi Hayashi is a Tokyo-based blogger/photographer/model who does amazing, and I mean seriously knock-your-socks-off, self portraits where she appears to be in either a graceful state of floatation or aerodynamically zipping through the air.  Her work makes my heart soar (pun intended) and it brings me great pleasure to share her blog with you all.  Here are just a few of her many incredible images:






For more mind-blowing levitation images, please visit her blog: Yowa Yowa Camera Woman Diary.  There isn't much text, and what little text there is happens to be mostly in Japanese.  However, these breathtaking images really speak for themselves.  I find them whimsically uplifting (pun intended yet again) and am soooooooooo addicted to looking through them.  Unfortunately, it seems that she's been taking a break since June of 2011.  I hope she comes back soon...

Goodnight and sweet dreams.  I hope to dream of flying...  :)

Hugs,
Cat

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if levitation makes vacuum-cleaning easier teehee

    Good luck with the midterms Cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely something to think about! Thanks Sunny!

      Delete
  2. Wow, these pictures are amazing! I wonder how she does it! At first, I thought she could be jumping and taking the picture at the exact time, but there's none of that jumping motion. Or she could be hanging from the ceiling with "invisible" strings, but then again, it would probably be uncomfortable and she wouldn't look so natural... What a mystery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your first instinct is correct. I have a feeling that Natsumi is an accomplished dancer, maybe ballet? That's how she jumps so high and gracefully. I think it's taken her a lot of practice, but she's become adept at jumping in a way where she's learned to eliminate the "jumping motion". She's extremely talented!

      Delete