Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Wedding Weekend

Ahoy!  Sorry I've been gone so long.  2 whole days without posting?!  Unspeakable!  I usually try to post at least once a day, so I'm feeling terribly guilty.  But, to be fair, it's been a whirlwind weekend and I've been dying to catch you guys up with my goings on.  To make a long story short, I pretty much packed on about 10 pounds between Thursday and Sunday.  Thanksgiving day was CRAZY.  We landed in Washington DC at 8am-ish.  I got to my aunt's house, showered, got dressed, and at around noon, we went to an all-you-can-eat seafood and sushi buffet.  A few hours later, we had a full-on Thanksgiving turkey meal along with, since it was a special occasion family reunion sorta thing, fifty Maine lobsters.  Yeah, I said it, FIVE-OH.  50.  The next day was pretty much more of the same and on Saturday, the day of my cousin's wedding reception, we had an 8-course banquet complete with all the wedding cake you could eat.   Oh, and the wine and liquor was flowing all through four days as well.  Lemme tell you this.  My family knows how to eat, drink and be merry.  Today I'm back to soup, salad, and sashimi.  I need to shed some pounds before packing it all on again around Christmastime, lol.  Anywho, just thought I'd share a couple shots of my style and makeup at the wedding reception:

Asymmetrical jersey dress by Max Studio

Makeup: Coastal Scents, ELF, Wet N Wild

Sis, hubby, and me.

That's it for now.  Will get around to posting more fun and interesting things in the days to come.  Gotta hit the sack now in an attempt to de-jetlag.  Happy Monday and have a great night!

Hugs,
Cat

p.s. What did YOU do for Thanksgiving? (if you didn't celebrate it, what did you do instead?)

6 comments:

  1. wow, i absolutely adore the color of your dress! it's so unique and suits you so well (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lawren! :D Do I look to Christmas-y in the red and green? I would make a great holiday greeting card to pass around to friends and family this year, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the makeup you did for the reception. I love that you could match your makeup to your dress without looking matchy-matchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! You got to eat all kind of good food!!! Lucky! I spent my weekend working on the 2 assignments I had to give in yesterday... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing in that green dress!

    Sounds like a lot of fun, and i bet that delicious food was worth every extra pound :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. @JessBee: Thank you! I was so worried that I was going over-the-top with the bright red lippie and green eyes.

    @Jennifer: Well, now that the fun is over, I am now fat and facing finals next week. Boo! lol

    @Pearl: Aw, thanks! :D Haha, it sure felt like it at the time, but it doesn't help my self esteem not to be able to fit into my "skinny" jeans. lol!

    ReplyDelete