Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wet N Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil in Distress

Hi!  So I had class all day today and only had minutes for makeup this morning.  (This is because I always choose sleep over "getting ready" time.)   Thanks to Wet N Wild's new eyeshadow pencil, I was able to muster up this look in mere moments:



I was at Walgreens picking up some toiletries the other day when I spotted this little guy:



How cute and convenient is this?  A chubby little shadow pencil that you can keep in your bag to create evening eyes in just seconds!  It also doubles as shadow AND liner!


I wanted to try it out first before buying all the colors, so I chose the one I thought was prettiest, a color called Distressed.  It's a gorgeous shade of midnight blue with a satiny shimmer finish.  I just went ahead and drew a fat wing on my upper eyelid as well as lining my bottom lash line.


The formula is ultra-creamy and pigmented and glides on like a dream.  I barely had to use any pressure while I was using it.  I could have finished here, but since it was supposed to be about 90 degrees on campus today, I decided to set it with matching-colored shadow as a precaution to prevent any melting or smudging.  Luckily, Wet N Wild's Blue Had Me At Hello palette had the perfect shade:


I just layered it over the Idol Eyes pencil and voila!  One minute makeup, you just gotta love it! :D


I know, it's a little dramatic for 9am class, but I just couldn't wait to use it!  Made me feel pretty all day.  The color did fade ever so slightly, but after 8 hours in extreme heat I wouldn't have expected any eye product to perform any better.  I can't wait to get the rest of the colors!

2 comments:

  1. Wow pretty! I wouldn't dare to try wearing that color though, it's pretty intense! I've always been scared to go out of the house such dramatic colors on. :/ I'll have to work up the courage someday!

    Nice look though! Love the deep blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yeah, I felt a little ostentatious wearing this to class, it was still fun though! Maybe you could pull it off for a fun evening look or even Halloween! :D

    ReplyDelete