Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Review: ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit

I've been meaning to try the ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit for quite some time now and finally decided to pick one up when I was at Target the other day.  The only color they had was Medium, which I was a little concerned about because I'm very dark-haired, but I decided to give it a chance anyway.


On the left side, there's a dark-colored gel that you're supposed to apply to your brows first in order to fill in color and create shape.  On the right side is a lighter colored setting powder.  It comes with a double-sided applicator with an angled brush for the gel and a fine detail brush for the powder.


I've already applied tinted moisturizer and translucent powder prior to starting on my brows.  This creates a prepped surface for the ideal application of eyebrow products.


Next, I fill in my brows using the gel.  I skipped the included applicator because the handle is too short for precision application, but I'm sure it's fine if you need it on the go.  I just used my own angled brush which is the Studio brand from Target.


For the last step, I set the brow shape and color using the brow powder.  To apply, I used the MAC 208 Angled Brow Brush.


Not bad.  I like how it looks more on the natural side.  I do get compliments on my brow shape, but then I also often get asked if I get my brows tatooed.  I think this look is a little less structured, so maybe I can avoid speculation that my brows have been inked.  My only complaint, which isn't really a complaint at all, is that in natural light, the color is a little too light and reddish on me.  I think I need to order the kit in Dark from the site because they don't have it in store.  Otherwise, I do recommend this brow kit.  Sure beats paying $$$$ for the one I usually get from Shiseido.

No comments:

Post a Comment