Monday, September 5, 2011

I Love: Fresh Flowers!

When I was little, I never understood why my mother felt the need to peruse the floral section at the grocery store.  I didn't get how having a fresh flower arrangement in the home made her so happy.  Ah, how times have changed.  I started noticing florals more after my wedding.  I guess looking at thousands of photos of incredible centerpieces during the planning process will do that to you.  Soon enough, I started looking at EVERY bouquet at the supermarket as a potential arrangement.

Then, a few months ago, peonies were in season and my local Trader Joe's was selling bunches and bunches of them for next to nothing.  I finally caved into the obsession and ever since, my husband has been buying me bouquets every Sunday so we can have a beautiful arrangement of fresh flowers to last us the week.  I just thought I'd share a few of my favorites:

Aren't Hydrangeas the loveliest?  These are sitting in my kitchen as we speak.
A sweet, peachy rose blossom from my mother-in-law's garden.
Peonies, more roses from MIL's garden, a colorful assorted medley.
Elegant Callas.

Fresh flowers just bring me cheer when I look at them.  Happy Labor Day! :D

2 comments:

  1. I've just gotten into flowers recently too - for some reason I always thought they were really expensive but then someone gave me a pot plant for my b'day, I managed not to kill it for over two months and I decided to buy some more and my obsession spiralled from there. My current favourites are lillies and orchids. I love your peachy rose, it's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they great? Just looking at them puts me in a good mood every morning! :)

    ReplyDelete