Monday, September 26, 2011

Gothic Victorian Geisha

Hi!  I thought I'd post an image from a beauty shoot that I did a few years ago.  I was having a super-creative moment and it was something that I just HAD to do.  I really adore the Gothic Victorian look and I've always been captivated by Japanese Geisha, so I figured I'd throw both concepts together and see what I'd come up with.  The results weren't flawless, but overall, I was really happy with the way the shoot turned out.



The model is my beautiful younger sister and the photographer is my uber-talented husband. :)  You can view his photography work here: Tetraeon Light Industries.  I did hair, makeup, styling, and provided all the props/accessories.  The concept was fairly simple, but getting the all-white makeup to be nice and even was a major pain in the butt!  Totally worth it though.

Makeup Details:

Face/body:

1. Pure White Foundation.  I had originally purchased a no-name foundation from an online retailer called Good Goth.  Unfortunately, they no longer sell makeup, but Manic Panic seems to make a good one called Dreamtone in Virgin.

2. Manic Panic Virgin Pressed Powder in White.

Brows:

1. Shiseido Eyebrow and Eyeliner Kit in Deep Brown

Eyes:

1. Wet N Wild Fantasy Makers False Feather Eyelashes

Lips:

1. Red lip liner and matte lipstick.  I really can't remember what I used.  Sorry!

5 comments: