Monday, September 19, 2011

Coastal Scents 88 Original Eyeshadow Palette

I'm so excited!  Last Thursday, I ordered the Coastal Scents 88 Original Eyeshadow Palette off of Ebay for about $17, shipping included.  I couldn't believe it when I received it in the mail today.  So fast! :D  I LOVE getting packages in, it's like Christmas!  Anywho, I've been DYING to try the 88 Palette for ages now.  I don't think Coastal Scents is the only company that distributes it.  I believe it's a mass-produced product that companies can purchase and put their branding on.  I think a company called BH sells something similar as well.

You all know that I'm a big fan of the ELF Studio Endless Eyes Pro Eyeshadow Palette, but I've heard rumors that the 88 Palette is more pigmented.  Also it boasts a majority of matte colors, which is exactly what I'm looking for.  As much as shimmer is pretty, it's not as photo-friendly as matte shades.  Honestly, the only thing on my face that I prefer shimmery/shiny are my lips.

So it came in a very nice package:



As advertised, there are 88, dime-sized little pots of color in a combination of matte and satin-finish (slight shimmer) shades.  There is an attached mirror and 2 sponge-tip applicators and the shadows come with a protective clear cover.


Ooooooooooh preeeeeeeeeeeetty!  The yellows, turquoises, and pinks are calling out to me.  I can't wait to play!


Oh, you can get them from Amazon as well for under $20, shipping included.  Just click here: Coastal Scents 88 Original Eyeshadow Palette.

2 comments:

  1. I've been hesitating since FOREVER to order these! It simply looks TOO GOOD to be true! Could you make review? I wonder if brushes would pick up enough product in order to keep the pigmentation.

    Have fun trying this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! Yeah, I'm excited, but a little apprehensive too. I'll see if I can get some swatches up in the next couple days. :D

    ReplyDelete