Monday, June 6, 2011

Beauty Tutorial: Mint and Teal Fanime Makeup

Here are step-by-step instructions on how to replicate the look I did for Fanimecon 2011.  Here are the 2 basic eyeshadows I used, the bright teal from the Wet N Wild palette and the mint shade from the Sonia Kashuk shadow duo.

Sonia Kashuk Taunting Teal Duo and Wet N Wild ColorIcon Palette in Blue Had Me At Hello


Step 1:
I start with a clean, naked eye.


Step 2:
I apply eyeshadow primer on my entire top lid.

Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
Step 3:
I apply an even layer of mint shadow on my upper lid to the brow bone.


Step 4:
I line my top and bottom lid heavily with bright blue eyeliner.

Covergirl Liquiline Blast in Blue Boom
Step 5:
I layer the teal shadow over the eyeliner, making sure to blend and smudge as I do so.


Step 6:
Just to soften the edges, I'm going to apply a little mint shadow to the edge of the bottom liner.  As a bonus, it brightens the under-eye area, making you appear luminous and awake.


Step 7:
I apply liquid eyeliner to the top and bottom lid lines, making a thin wing as not to compete with the bright blues.

L'Oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Eyeliner in Carbon Black
Final Step:
I curl my lashes and apply mascara.


There you have it!  The steps are simple and the results are stunning.  I hope y'all have as much fun practicing this look as much as I had fun showing it to you. ^_^



Hugs, 
Cat




No comments:

Post a Comment