Monday, March 21, 2011

Style: Liz Lisa

OH EM GEE!  I just discovered the cutest clothing collection ever!  The brand is called Liz Lisa and you can view their English site here: Liz Lisa  The style is very French-country shabby chic.  There's a dreamy, Stepford-like quality to the design, but with a touch of sexy because most of their dresses are mini-length.  I want to fill my closet with everything they have!  I think it's a Japanese-based company so I don't think the line is available here in the U.S., but I managed to find an online retailer that stocks some of their pieces.  I couldn't help myself.  I HAD to buy a dress, even though I really, really can't afford it right now.  Here's the insanely adorable dress I purchased:


It's sad.  I literally squealed when I saw it.  I got it off of a super-cute online boutique called Minky Shop.  You can check it out here: Minky Shop  The fabric is a gorgeous, vintage rose chiffon print.  The sleeves are semi-sheer and blousy with ribbon ties at the elbows.  It features a ruched bust with corsetting detail and a double-layered skirt hemmed with creamy lace.  Isn't it to die for?  Cost was about $70 including international shipping and it also comes in a lovely blue shade as well.  I can't wait to get it!  I think it's coming in from China, so I won't see it for a few weeks, but hopefully the weather will be nice once it arrives.

I've always loved the doll-like Lolita look, but for the most part, it's always so over-the-top.  It's great to get attention for being stylish, but it's another thing to be a spectacle.  I feel like this dress is "normal" enough to wear on any given breezy, sunny day, yet unique enough so that I stand out among all the other sundress wearers.  Wouldn't it look fine finished with ankle socks, mary janes, and a big, floppy straw hat?  Would it be too much if I wore wristlet gloves and carried a picnic basket as well?  Lol...maybe.

5 comments:

  1. no. i'm wondering if they just took my money and won't have it for me at all. >:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cat,

    I wouldn't take your money! XD

    You should have received it a long time ago now, hope you liked it! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Minky! I did receive the dress and it was lovely. I'm sure the delay was due to overseas shipping and customs. I will post an update soon! Thanks for checking in! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah that's good to know, I'm glad you liked it!
    (^-^)

    Thanks for posting it on your lovely blog, have a nice day!

    Minky x

    ReplyDelete