Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Honey!

Ok, so I've been away for a few days, but I swear, I have a good excuse!  We celebrated my husband's 30th birthday over the weekend and I was too busy trying to make it perfect.  Check out the awesome birthday cake my sisters and I commissioned for his special day:


Yep, that's an iPhone cake customized with the exact apps that he has on his home screen.  The artist that created this was Carolyn Wong, who happened to have made our wedding cake last July as well.  It tasted as good as it looked too, filled with vanilla spongecake, chocolate and vanilla buttercream, and chocolate souffle.

This was his birthday present:


No, that's not him, but it's what I got him, which was a skydive.  When he and I first met, we talked about exciting things we wanted to do, like going skydiving.  Well, in my old age, I've developed an aversion to dangerously exhilarating things.  He, on the other hand, is always down for an amazing experience so I thought this would be the perfect gift for him.  It's also probably a good time for us to look into life insurance.  Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment